The push-up is a perfect exercise to train your arms, shoulders, chest and core muscles, therefore it should be included in every street workout program. Many push up variations exist, but below we explain the ‘regular’ push-up.
How to perform a regular push-up
- Place your hands on the ground and slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart.
- Straighten your legs behind you and rest your toes on the earth.
- Lower your hips until your back forms a straight line.
- Inhale, bend your elbows out to the sides and lower your body until it is approximately 2 inches off the ground.
- Exhale, straighten your arms and return to the starting position.